Sign Up for our Newsletter.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
£25,000 per annum
Osborne Appointments are now looking for a Warehouse Team Leader to join a team of our client in their warehouse in Ashford, Surrey.
We are working with a large logistics specialist providing high quality solutions for its customers and the chosen provider for many of the leading global manufacturers of Healthcare products.
Do you see yourself working in an open-minded and future focused organisation where your career is in your hands?
Would you like to join an organisation happy to help you with your development and supporting you with gaining qualifications?
If you answered yes to those questions, the Warehouse Team Leader position might be just right for you!
The Warehouse Team Leader will assist and support the Warehouse Supervisor with the day-to-day planning and overall supervision of warehouse operations including the allocation of work to the warehouse staff. At times of absence or holiday required to supervise the whole warehouse operation.
· Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, making the most efficient use of resources available, both staff and space
· Organise the warehouse areas, making the best and most efficient use of space, taking into account customer, company and product requirements
· Ensure that all procedures are followed and detailed records are kept, for Goods In, Goods Out, Quarantine and other processes.
· Ensure that all warehouse activities are closely supervised and managed and any issues immediately reported and escalated
· Liaising with internal and external customers, in a professional and courteous manner
· Process customer (RMA’s) return merchandise authorisations
· Loading & unloading procedures are followed.
· Constantly review processes and systems and recommend improvements and changes
· Ensure that customers are invoiced for all chargeable warehouse activities on a monthly basis
· Assist in the managing of stock control: goods receipt, storage, retrieval and timely picking of goods, shipment loading & transferring, document recording and data entry into system
· Ensure that stock checks and weekly, monthly and annual checks/audits are undertaken and are accurate
· Investigate and report on any warehouse issues for damaged or missing stock
· Implement any corrective actions that come from investigations of issues
· Ensure that the workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and undertake quarterly audits and weekly inspections and safety tours
· Take responsibility for the security of the building
· Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area
· Issue Inventory reports to customers
· Look for and implement cost reduction measures in all aspects of warehouse activities
· Work with auditors to check and verify stock during inventory events
· Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse
· Adhere to the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times
· Maintain the standards of the company
· In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business and flexibility should be recognised as paramount to the role
· You may on occasion be required to work in other sites as workload dictates
Key Skills and Experience:
· Two years’ experience in a high value, high tech environment is essential.
· Excellent IT knowledge and warehouse systems knowledge essential
· Commercially astute with direct customer service experience of working closely with customers on a regular basis is essential
· Good People management skills
· Good team member who can also work on own initiative
· A Flexible and can-do attitude
· Good organisation and communication skills
· Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
· Warehouse Admin, stock control including perpetual stock checks and reporting
· Counter Balance, Reach Truck, Fork Lift Truck, Powered Pedestrian Truck and driving licences is essential
What we can offer:
· 28 days holiday a year including bank holiday – rising to a maximum of 33 for time served
· Company Pension (after qualifying period)
· Private dental healthcare (after qualifying period)
· Perkbox membership
· £1000 increase guaranteed after 2 years
· Continued development and training opportunities
· Overtime opportunities during busy periods
The Warehouse Team Leader vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Osborne Appointments who are acting as a recruitment agency. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will be in contact with you within 3 days.