We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Administrator role for a large logistic business based in Leighton Buzzard – salary £27,431 – NO SHIFT WORK – hours are 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
The role of the warehouse administrator is to support the Site Manager and general operational team with all aspects of administration within the daily running of the warehouse.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that puts the customer at the heart of everything they do – whilst Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is desirable this is not essential. What I am looking for is someone with a positive, can do attitude that will get stuck in where needed.
- Generally responsible for preparing and monitoring all documentation to process inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering goods.
- To understand, orchestrate and manage all areas of administration throughout the operation (goods in, goods out, inventory control).
- Ensure compliance with all legislation for Health & Safety and company housekeeping standards.
- Administration of orders, stock control, goods in and all supporting documentation
- Update & Monitor non conformances
- Inform internal and external customers about any changes with inventory and orders
- Maintain filing records daily and archive monthly
- General administrative duties such as – filing, photocopying, stationary orders
- Assist operational team process customer returns
- Deal and respond to emails and calls in a timely manner
- Assisting the site manager with administrative paperwork and IT work
- KPI reporting
- Liaise with transport to coordinate customer deliveries.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction levels through excellence in dispatching, identifying, receiving, and ensuring quality of products
- Interact with customers to resolve problems or answer questions
- Maintain records, utilise specialised reports, and document relevant information to calculate warehouse reports
- Implement new methods, processes, policies, and improvements
- Consult and organise activities with other teams and departments
- Any other duties considered necessary to fulfil the role
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are to a high level, including the overall site appearance
- Having a clear understand of the costs within the operation and the further development of profitability by Client
- Full compliance with Health and Safety and other legislative obligations within the warehouse minimising risk wherever possible
- Contribute towards the warehouse strategic plan, to implement and develop Continuous Improvement Plans and Lean/6s initiatives
- A proven history and ability to work with customer constraints, meet tight deadlines, and managing operational needs.
- An understanding of warehouse software application packages and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to retrieve, analyse, and input data.
- Hands-on dedication to staff training and championing new ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with others .
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all customers, ensuring they receive the best possible service at all times.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and flexible in their approach to work.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.