Job Title: Senior Warehouse Operative
Location: Waltham Abbey
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 a year
Full-time - Permanent
Do you have Warehouse experience?
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Have you got a Counterbalance Fork Lift licence?
If yes, then look no further. Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Senior Warehouse Operative for a well-established client in Waltham Abbey.
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 12pm – 21:30pm
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Company Pension
- 23 days holiday Plus 8 days Bank Holidays
- Employee discount on products
- Overtime available (Time and a half)
- All Training Provided
- Access to Staff Kitchen / Vending machines
- Staff Room
- Free Parking On-Site
- Annual Salary Review
- Company Events
- Closed over Christmas
Senior Warehouse Operative Responsibilities:
- Ensure all daily practical tasks are completed on time by the Warehouse team; including picking tickets being issued, returns are processed correctly, and bulk lorries and trailers are loaded and secured in a timely manner
- Ensure any outstanding orders from Goods In are actioned
- Ensure all product defects and discrepancies have been reported as per internal procedure
- Ensure internal records are maintained, including the booking in schedule, discrepancy lists
- Ensure all fork lift check sheets are being carried out by the team
- Complete start and end of day operational checks as required
- Maintain operational health and safety standards of the team in line with company procedures and legal requirements; including reporting accidents and near misses
- Maintain Warehouse, Despatch, and Yard housekeeping standards taking the lead where necessary
- Provide operational cover within the Warehouse team as required – including manual handling of goods and operating a forklift
- Communicate key messages from the Logistics Senior Management and/or Strategic Management Team to the team where required
- Escalate operational issues to the line manager for further action where necessary
- Deputise for the Warehouse Supervisor where needed
Senior Warehouse Operative Personal Attributes:
- Needed to have worked in a warehouse environment previously
- Counterbalance Forklift licence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, solution-focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Self-motivated, reliable with a 'can-do attitude’
- Able to work under pressure in a time-constrained environment
If you're interested in this Senior Warehouse Operative position, please apply with your CV online today or call Carla on 0208 344 2337!
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.