Senior Warehouse Operations Manager – Dunstable/Houghton Regis - £50,000 plus benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Warehouse Operations Manager for a large logistic business based in Dunstable & Houghton Regis – salary £50,000 plus benefits.
Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Director this is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that puts the customer at the heart of everything they do –I am looking for someone with a positive, can do attitude that will get stuck in where needed, is an inspirational people leader & has extensive operational experience.
The main role of the Senior Warehouse Operations Manager is to be responsible for overseeing the operations, development and profitability of two warehouses on a day to day basis. The Senior Warehouse Operations Manager will work internally with staff and Transport Operations as well as with external customers to improve the efficiency and profitability of both sites whilst ensuring excellent customer service is being delivered.
Being responsible for the operational performance and strategic direction of the warehouses, the Senior Warehouse Operations Manager will ensure that high standards are attained for all activities within the warehouse, providing vision, leadership, guidance and motivation to the team.
In addition, this role has the potential to development into a General Manager.
- Responsible for creating improved working practices and operational productivity.
- Continued development of the warehouse strategic plan, to be both proactive and reactive, and to implement and develop Lean initiatives.
- Ensure effective people management, motivating and engaging the teams to work effectively ensuring great operations and customer experience.
- Develop employees through mentoring, training and effective communication to build a high performing team.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are to a high level, including the overall site appearance.
- Responsible for achieving financial objectives and budgetary control through thorough management of each site's P&Ls.
- Have a clear understanding of the costs within the operation and proactively seek opportunities to further develop profitability.
- Effectively manage the link between sites and all departments and/or sites, ensuring clear and effective communication and sharing of best practice and consistency for improvements.
- Ensure systems and procedures are effective and improve productivity, supporting colleague experiences, and our customers are provided with excellent service.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with customers to ensure successful implementation and delivery of customer requirements within a quality environment and customer QBRs.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring continued Health and Safety standards within the warehouse and reducing risks wherever possible and promoting a positive Health & Safety culture, ensure all colleagues adhere to all current legislative requirements.
- An ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all customers, ensuring they receive the best possible service at all times.
- Ability to multitask and keep others on track whilst under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities and operational needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Passionate about people development and first-class leadership skills.
- Proven operational management experience is essential.
- Previous experience of working in a 3PL is essential.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- A six-sigma background or qualification would be desirable.
- P&L, budget and forecasting experience.
- A full UK Driving Licence is essential as is the ability to travel to other sites where needed.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- An ability to manage costs effectively.
- Drives self and sites to exceed goals through encouraging innovation and progressive ways in the workplace to make improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to implement changes as well as lead others to have a positive response to change.
- Commercial acumen
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.