Role: Restaurant Manager
Hours: Full time
Salary: Salary is £37k OTE (£33k basic, £2k tronc, £2k bonus)
What’s in it for you?
- Friendly and professional working environment and an excellent chance to progress your career and be part of a great change with an independent and expanding hotel group.
- Company discounts for Thermal Spa, Accommodation and Food & Drink at all hotels.
- Employee of the Quarter recognition award scheme with an annual trip for all Employees of the Quarter and a cash sum for the Employee of the Year.
- Access to many discounts in supermarkets/high street shops/online (including the likes of Tesco, Sainsburys, Nike and Amazon) through Gemelli Employee Benefits.
- Access to cycle to work scheme.
- Reduced price cinema tickets, hotel travel, family days out and meals out in high street restaurants through Gemelli Employee Benefits.
- Discounted health screening and gym memberships.
- Free and confidential 24-hour staff assistance help line, supporting employee’s mental wellbeing as well as providing legal and financial advice.
- Annual staff party.
What will you be doing in the role?
- Ensuring the team provides a friendly, courteous, and professional service at all times to the highest standards, leading by example and being present during key service times.
- Lead, train and encourage your team in line with company values, driving them to be the best they can be.
- Develop a learning culture and to ensure that all team members feel valued and rewarded.
- Ensure all guest requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively in a positive manner.
- Analyse Mystery Diner reports, Tripadvisor reviews and other feedback and communicate back to your team, finding ways to improve and learn as well as identifying areas to positively influence revenue generation.
- Behind the scenes, with support of Food & Beverage Manager, to manage labour costs, recruitment, rotas, health & safety, forward planning, bookings and upcoming events.
What we would like from you:
- 4 years experience in a similarly busy brasserie environment with 2 years in a management position.
- You have a passion for great food and drink, love to wow guests with exceptional service, and you cope well under pressure during a busy service.
- You have great organisational skills and, as well as leading by example, can manage your time efficiently.
- You have the drive and experience to train and develop your team.
- You have the experience and skills to oversee and support a large team, communicating effectively with the kitchen team as well as driving the brasserie operation front of house.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award-winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.