Osborne Appointments are on a hunt for passionate, motivated individuals who would like to join our client’s team as Wave Planners.
Would you like to work in a company where your career path is in your hands?
Do you see yourself working with a huge fashion retailer who offers excellent benefits such as 25% discount for shopping at their stores?
Are you a positive, open-minded and confident person looking for new career opportunities?
We are proud to be supporting a large high street retailer’s Distribution Centre in looking for Wave Planners to join their team. This Logistics Centre aims to make the fashion flow in an efficient and sustainable way. The goal is to fulfil the customer promise of exceptional service and create an outstanding experience for both online and in store shopping.
As a Wave Planner you will ensure the efficient day-to-day operation through a constant, steady flow of orders and utilisation of capabilities to meet set targets for service, efficiency and costs.
As a Wave Planner you would:
- Analyse wave configuration to maximise efficiency, develop new strategies and ways of working
- Ensure releasing order from WMS so operation is being done per guidelines, i.e., planed and prioritised in order to meet the customer/store service expectations.
- Be responsible for following orders through entire outbound process, ensuring orders are 100% completed on time of shipping
- Be responsible for keeping the outbound operations team efficient with constant steady flow of orders
- Coordinate and manage special, last minute order requests with outbound department and transport coordination
- Identify manual manipulation needs in case of conflicting or deviating targets e.g. Service level needs, capacity, constraints, bottlenecks
- For exceptions: run alternative scenarios in WMS, run manual adjustments of system generated waves
- Identify and align on implications of priorities for other outbound department, e.g. upfront picking to be buffered in goods-out area
- Own and oversee system updates in WMS that are related to wave-building logic
What is expected:
- Strong operational outbound logistics expertise across Online and Stores to effectively monitor and adjust planned waves
- Understanding of outbound processes and garment flow
- Knowledgeable in operational outbound logistics cost, service and sustainability targets
- Strong communication & coordination skills
- Ability to collaborate and co-create with others
- Agile mindset with a positive attitude to change and meaningful growth
- Inclusive and empathetic towards others whilst encouraging diversity
- Ability to understand your impact to others and contribution to the bigger picture
- Fully flexible including weekends
What’s in it for you:
- Salary ~ £30,000 per annum
- 25% discount for shopping at the client's stores worldwide
- Free on-site parking
- Free gym on-site
- 6 weeks of holiday (raising with service)
- Company sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Incentive program
- Annual health screening
- Travel loan up to £2000
And many others.
A suitable candidate will be available to work both AM and PM shifts and able to work any 5 days in the week based on a Rota.
If this position sounds like you don’t wait – contact us today at 01908 104850
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Osborne Appointments who are acting as a recruitment agency. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will be in contact with you within 3 days.