PA to School Head
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you a passionate PA looking for your next move, our Client is looking for an experienced and hands on PA to support the Head's busy schedule and ensure all practices are followed.
The PA to Head is an integral and senior member of the school's administrative team providing excellent, confidential secretarial support to enable the Head to undertake their role of leading and managing the school.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the safeguarding and welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible and with whom they come into contact.
- Provide a comprehensive and confidential secretarial service to the Head school, including but not limited to:
- Maintain the Head's diary and arrange appointments as necessary.
- Arrange attendance at internal and external meetings, events and conferences including registration, travel, and accommodation arrangements, prepare papers etc.
- Arrange internal meetings and events (including school social events) including venue and refreshments. Where relevant preparing agendas and papers as directed and coordinating attendance.
- Manage correspondence - mail, email, telephone for the Head/SLT copy, distribute or delegate as appropriate to relevant individual staff members. Ensures all enquiries are processed within one working day.
- Research and draft replies to correspondence and Head's file notes.
- Draft a range of communications for the Head including, confidential references for staff and students, end of term letters, emails, and speeches.
- Ensure the production and uploading of weekly parental letters.
- Undertake reception duties for the Head.
- Confidentiality and record management - to maintain and keep secure administration files, pupil and staff records. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ensure the security of all records and comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that all routine office procedures are carried out and office equipment is properly used, maintained and serviced.
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or call Polly on 0208 344 2337.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website