Management Accountant (Investments)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Permanent, Full Time
OA are recruiting for a qualified accountant to join our client based in Welwyn, a multi-asset investment company with rapid growth plans.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but growing team, supporting a range of clients across the UK and internationally.
Management Accountant - Main Duties:
- Ensure primary records reflect day to day transactions ensuring adequate documentation and an audit trail is maintained to substantiate transactions
- Costs are adequately authorised in accordance with the firm wide procurement policy
- Ensure income is invoiced and funds received on a timely basis
- Ensure supplier invoices are fully accounted for and paid on a timely basis
- Monitoring of costs versus budget / forecast
- Preparation of annual budgets and updating forecasts on a periodic basis
- Preparation and agreement of quarterly intercompany account balances
- Preparation of the quarterly management account for companies within the Group and providing commentaries
- Assisting with the quarterly consolidation of the Group
- Monthly reporting to joint venture partners
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly vat returns and where necessary assisting with HMRC queries
- Preparation of the year end audit pack with full supporting documentary audit papers
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for audit purposes, ensuring adequate disclosures are made which reflects the characteristics of particular businesses
- Preparation of draft tax computations as part of the audit process
- Assist with liaison with the Group’s auditors
- Assist the wider finance team where appropriate
- Assist and take responsibility for the accounting function at various investee companies, including overseeing local personal and final reporting
- Ensure filings with Companies House are delivered in a timely manner
- Maintaining and updating the Group’s loan and interest schedules
Management Accountant - Skills & Experience Required:
- Part Qualified / Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an accounting role within the service sector or financial services
- Financial/management reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Experience working with auditors
- Multi-company and multi-currency financial accounting
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot and data tables, macros, etc
- Xero Accounting is advantageous, however not essential
If you’re interested in this role, please apply today.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office).
Osborne Appointments is an award-winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.