Role: Field Service Technician
Hours: On the road with frequent overnight stays – you will also be expected to work up to two weekends per month (paid as overtime)
An opportunity has now arisen for an Field Service Technician to join our client’s successful team in Manchester.
Who are we?
Combining logistics with technical expertise, my client is a specialist for the transport, assembly, and installation of sensitive technical products at the final point of use. They serve clients from various industries and cater to their individual needs with their expertise.
About the role:
Reporting to the Installations Manager, the Field Service Technician will be a critical part in our technical value-added services offering. The position will be based in Macnhester.
You must have a full UK Driving licence.
- £28,000 per year
- Company pension
- Company van & tools
- Private dental insurance
- Perkbox membership
- Development & training opportunities
- Paid overtime opportunities
Roles & responsibilities:
- Attending call outs and planned maintenance jobs
- Troubleshooting, testing, repairing, and servicing technical equipment
- Managing on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and testing
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining correct solutions
- Making recommendations and briefing on repairs, diagnostics, and equipment specifications
- Provide onsite customer support
- Building positive relationships with customers
- Running diagnostic reports
- Loading, strapping, and wrapping equipment into vehicles
- Handling heavy equipment, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Offloading, delivering, positioning, and installing high tech, high value equipment
- Performing pre-assembly and pre-configuration in the warehouse Cabling large medical systems
- Working closely with other Field Engineers and drivers
- Maintaining accurate paperwork, timesheets, and job status updates
- Operating technical lifting and handling equipment to position systems
- Work up to 2 weekends per month (on an overtime rate)
- Prepared to stay frequent nights away from home for larger installations
- Follow all company procedures
- Other tasks as required by the Installation Manager
Skills & experience:
- Experience in planned maintenance & break fix across various business sectors
- Experience in fault finding
- Experience of mechanical or electrical installation
- Flexible and Can-do attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience in dealing directly with customers
- Good communication skills
- Ability to complete required timesheets, paperwork and handheld electronic devices as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and diagnose faults with technical equipment
- An aptitude and willingness to learn
- Be comfortable with a fluid schedule
- Must be very flexible with regards to hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English, written and speaking
- Experienced driver
If interested in this role, please apply below.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award-winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.