Osborne Appointments are on a hunt for passionate, motivated individuals who would like to join our client’s team as Driver/Handler.
Would you like to work in a company where your career path is in your hands?
Do you see yourself working with a huge leading logistics specialist who offers excellent benefits and opportunities?
Are you a positive, open-minded and confident person looking for new career opportunities?
We are proud to be supporting a large logistics specialist that provides high quality solutions for its customers and the chosen provider for many of the leading global manufacturers of Healthcare products.
As a Driver/Handler you would be responsible for day to day driving of various vehicles usually within the UK but occasionally also Europe, delivering, offloading, positioning and installation of Customer equipment as required.
- General driving duties as required within the UK in any class of vehicle up to that permitted by the driving license
- Vehicle checks in line with the Staff Handbook & the reporting of defects and all accidents/incidents and near-hits
- Support where required the Loading and Unloading of vehicles ensuring correct equipment is loaded and all goods are checked, secure and fit for transit
- Delivery, collection, positioning and installing, packing for collection as required for various customer jobs and requirements
- Manual handling, carrying, lifting and installation/de-installation as required of customer equipment
- Maintaining and cleaning of vehicles as required
- Completing job paperwork to include collection/delivery notes, RAMS, customer requirements, Bill of materials, timesheets and other paperwork as required for each job
- Completion of jobs on the driver PDA
- Reporting of any lates, damage or changes of scope within the advised timeframes
- If nominated Team Leader of the job you will be required to be responsible for the supervision and guidance of your assistants and ensure Safety Briefings take place
- Maintain the standards of the company as defined in ISO9001 and ISO14001
- You may be required to undertake other tasks in line with the needs of the business
- Responsible for escalating training needs on an on-going basis
- Keep your taco and driver card download up to date within the company requirements
- Ensure you have your start times for the following days’ work or when you are next due in
- Ensure the vehicle is left in a clean and tidy condition for the next user to include a minimum of ½ tank of fuel.
- Label/Quarantine and report any damaged tackle
Key Skills and Experience
- Experienced driver
- Experience in the transportation and delivery of high tech, high value systems would be beneficial
- Must be flexible with regards to hours and be prepared to stay away from home on a regular basis
- Ability to complete required timesheets and paperwork as required
- Experience in dealing directly with customers contacts and good communication skills
- Good team member with a flexible and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of Tachograph legislation
- Knowledge of the Working Time Directive
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary subject to experience
- Continued development and training opportunities
- Weekend overtime opportunities
- 28 days holiday a year including bank holiday – rising to a maximum of 33 for time served
- Company Pension (after qualifying period)
- Private dental healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company Van / All tools provided (after qualifying period)
- Perkbox membership
- £1k increase guaranteed after 2 year
If this position sounds like you – apply today!
The Driver/Handler vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Osborne Appointments who are acting as a recruitment agency. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will be in contact with you within 3 days.