We are excited to be recruiting for a brand name client a DC Operations Controller. This is a senior role within the organisation and plays a vital part in delivery.
Are you a positive, enthusiastic and driven individual wanting to join a fast paced, customer focused organisation?
Would you like to work in a business where the future of your career path lies in your own hands? Our client offers a variety of opportunities to grow and develop with a possibility of global progression within the company!
The Logistics Centre employs over a 1000 ambitious and committed professionals who thrive in reflecting the company values and aim to run daily distribution and Logistics operations for the UK/IE online and over 250 stores. Sustainability and quality are the main focus of the client all while delivering a customer promise of exceptional and outstanding service.
As an Operations Controller, you would support DC controlling and DC operations to achieve business results, optimise performance and ensure compliance.
- Be responsible for all financial and operational data related to DC controlling, incl. set up and follow up on agreed budget, projects, KPIs (e.g., cost, service, sustainability) in terms of efficiency and productivity as well as quality assurance
- Support departments and management team with financial and quantitative insights as well as reports and analyses
- Verify correct invoicing and quality check of main cost drivers
- Support identifying and driving areas of improvement with regards to DC performance by performing relevant analyses and reports as well as defining potential action plans, e.g., for improving profitability, service level, efficiency, DC costs etc.
- Support defining framework & reports structure to follow up on business results on a regular basis, in alignment with overall global guidelines and reporting needs of DC management, audit routines etc.
- Support and drive contract negotiation (e. oversee and initiate tendering of contracts with external vendors)
- Provide quantitative decision support to DC management team
- Challenge and validate planning
What is expected:
- Deep knowledge of controlling, logistics, DC operations & finance, related software and regional specifics, as well as operational capabilities
- Good understanding of cross functional departments and collaboration within Regions
- Experience of managing a senior team
- Solid skills in project management, prioritisation and business case
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset
- Strong communication & coordination skills
- Ability to collaborate and co create with others
- Agile mindset with a positive attitude to change and meaningful growth
- Inclusive and empathetic towards others whilst encouraging diversity
- Ability to understand your impact to others and contribution to the bigger picture
What’s in it for you:
- 25% discount for shopping at the client’s stores worldwide
- 6.6 weeks of holiday (raising with service)
- Employee assistance programme
- Death in service insurance
- Private medical health insurance
- Monday to Friday schedule
If this position sounds like you don’t wait – apply today!!!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Osborne Appointments who are acting as a recruitment agency. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will be in contact with you within 3 days.